VAD through its Water, Hygiene and Sanitation sub programme strategy focuses on promotion of access to safe clean water and improvement of sanitation and hygiene with communities, schools and health centres. This is done through;
- Construction of safe water sources (deep wells, shallow wells, water jars and water tanks).
- Constructions of improved latrines.
- Community sensitization about Hygiene and sanitation best practices (hand washing, proper storage of utensils, proper waste management, safe water chain and ensuring personal hygiene).
- Conducting Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM).
- Training of community based structures (WUCs, CMTs, VHTs, SMCs and SHCs) for proper management and sustainability.